The Classic Pofung (Baofeng) UV-5R is now IC Certified
This radio runs on Amateur Radio Bands ONLY, Amateur radio license is required to transmit. Not for commercial use. CAN'T BE PROGRAMMED TO FRS OR GMRS.
- Frequency Range:
144-148 / 430-450 MHz (Tx / Rx)
136-174 / 400-470 MHz (Rx ONLY)
- - Detailed English/French manual; Dual Power Amplifier.
- - Dual-Band Display, Dual Freq. Display, Dual-Standby.
- - Output Power: 4 /1Watts.
- - Channel Step: 2.5/5/6.25/10/12.5/25KHz.
- - 128 Channels 50 CTCSS and 105 DCS.
- - FM Radio (65.0MHz-108.0MHz).
- - Hight /Low RF Power Switchable.
- - Wide/Narrow Band 25KHz/12.5KHz Switchable.
- - 0~9 grades VOX selectable.
- PC programmable with FTDI Programming cable. (Cable Not Included)
Pofung (BaoFeng) UV-5R Package Content:
- 1 x UV-5RIC Two-Way Radio
- 1 x 7.4V 1800mAh Li-ion Battery Pack
- 1 x Stock Antenna
- 1 x Earphone Mic/Headset
- 1 x Belt Clip
- 1 x Hand Strap
- 1 x ENGLISH/FRENCH Manual
- 1 x adapter
- 1 x Desktop Charger ( 100V ~ 240V )
Radio might not be legal TO TRANSMIT in certain countries, states, jurisdictions, or on specific frequencies.
Please check local laws and regulations before transmitting with this radio.
1. Estimated Shipping Time
Most orders will ship within one (1) business day of payment receipt, Some will be shipped within 3 business days. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification. . We do not ship on weekends or various national holidays.
2.Delivery Time & Shipping Fee
Note: We only ship to Canada and the U.S (some conditions applied)
For domestic orders, We offer free shipping via Canada Post Regular Parcel Services (Expedited service is available for extra charge);
For U.S orders, we ship via UPS standard services.
For U.S Buyers
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with U.S customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up - do not confuse them with additional shipping charges.
- We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts".
- Free shipping only applies to domestic orders. There will be a shipping charge for U.S buyers.
The exact time of arrival varies from difference address. Due to the COVID-19, delivery time may be affected in some areas. It is usually delayed 1-3 business days than the original basis.Buyer Feedback
3. HOW TO TRACK MY ORDERS?
After placing your order, you will receive an email with details of your order. You could follow the link in email to track your order.
If you did not receive it, you could contact us to track the order.
4. About Taxes
We charge Tax on all Canadian orders, and the taxes will be calculated at checkout.
I have not used these radios yet but I have another one from a couple of years ago and for the cost they are very value. I normally use Kenwood but these radios cost less than a replacement battery for a KW.
It would be nice to have a name on the screen instead of 2 screens of frequencies. Typically all you need is a frequency and possibly the channel name.
Very fast delivery to the US. Very happy with purchase. Will buy again.
At first, I was a bit reluctant to purchase, since I couldn't find the store physical address, but I tried and was pleasantly surprised. My BAOFENG (POFUNG for trademark issue) radio arrived on time, working great.
Radios that transmit on specific frequencies such as the Family Band (FRS) or GMRS frequencies require appropriate licencing. In order to legally transmit on those bands the radio requires a certification from Industry Canada. Amateur radios are not certified to operate on FRS frequencies, they cannot ever be authorized as per section 4 of the Radio Communications Act for use outside ham bands.
So, This model UV5RIC is designed for HAM radio operator, it require Amateur radio operator license.
We discussed with Industry Canada for years and the best option is what we have right now, get every radio certified and lock to 144-148 430-450
For FRS/GMRS, in Canada, it does not require license from the operator
All radios that operate within Canada require certification. There is one exemption. When they are built by someone in possession of an advanced amateur (HAM) radio licence they do not require certification. When a radio is built by an Advanced HAM licence holder that radio can only be operated on HAM frequencies.